Chiropractic is a health profession concerned with the diagnosis, management and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC) in 2001.
Chiropractic is a natural and non-invasive approach aimed at improving the way in which your body moves and functions.
At LiveWell Family Chiropractic we seek to improve and restore your body’s full functional capacity through safe, gentle spinal manipulations, mobilisations and soft tissue work. Whether it be through the spine or any other join within the body we are here to help.
At LiveWell Family Chiropractic, our mission is to provide individualised care plans to help move you back to your best health.
With the core Chiropractic aim to improve spinal joint movement and function we found the need to also have Remedial Massage Therapy and Myotherapy to cater for all your musculoskeletal issues.
Patients have found that combining the two modalities has led to faster healing and improved health. Thus, it is not uncommon for some Remedial Massage/Myotherapy to be recommended to help supplement your Chiropractic adjustments.
Some Benefits of Massage:
- Stimulate Blood Flow
- Tight and overactive muscles can exert excessive force down on veins, this impedes blood circulation. Blood circulation is necessary to supply oxygen to working muscles but also necessary to remove metabolic wastes especially lactic acid.
- Release Muscle Tension and Trigger Points
- Muscle tension can develop over time in muscles when over used or used incorrectly. This can lead to “knots” or “trigger points” forming as muscles try and compensate for the overuse or incorrect use. By massaging these areas improved movement and reduced pain levels can be achieved.
- Allow Joints to Move More Freely
- By improving blood flow and alleviating muscular tension to muscles we allow the joints in which the muscles are attached to move more freely increasing overall range of movement post treatment.
- Allow Correct Muscle Healing
- Muscles are like elastics or rubber bands. They can stretch and lengthen but when moved excessively or inappropriately can also be stretched beyond what they are physically capable.
4a Small Street
Hampton, VIC 3188
Monday: 7-12pm & 3-7pm
Thursday: 7-12pm & 3-7pm
© Copyright LiveWell Family Chiropractic 2019. All Rights Reserved.